This summer, SPF doesn’t just come bottled in a cream
Sometimes the pasty formulas and white residue of SPF just seems like too much work. But with sun protection becoming an undeniably requisite skincare step each and every day—especially during summer!—these alternative formulas will aid in fighting the sun’s rays without any greasy excess baggage.
1. Innovative Skincare SPF 20 Powder Sunscreen: Available in translucent and a warmer Sun Medium hue, this fragrance-free powered sunscreen uses minerals to provide broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection while helping to prevent redness. $43
2. Susan Posnick Colorflo: Block the sun from your skin naturally with this wide range of foundation powders (11 shades plus shimmer powder and bronzer) infused with both micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide chemical blockers. Water-resistant and sweat-proof, this talc-free, SPF 26 formula is also antibacterial and hypo-allergenic, providing flawless coverage that minimizes fine lines. The self-dispensing brush is also refillable. $64
3. Cor Silver Soap: Not just naturally antibacterial, this soap’s unique formula utilizing the silkworm-derived seracin protein creates an SPF 15 UVA/UVB barrier on skin’s surface via the protein’s opalescent, light-scattering properties that remain after washing with it. Plus, the soap contains moisture-enhancing hyaluronic acid. $40
4. Solise Body Wash with SPF 15 Sunscreen: Multitask with this paraben-free soy-oil body wash that binds sunscreen to skin’s natural oils while cleansing away dirt and impurities. The formula won’t make you break out, and you’ll get broad-spectrum SPF 15 coverage while hydrating to boot. $13.99
5. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Instant Mineral SPF 45: No need to wait 30 minutes before heading outside with this translucent, anti-aging finishing powder. The fine SPF 45 dust is also infused with vitamins A, C and E along with peptides, and the brush applicator makes it perfect for on-the-go touch-ups during the day. $32
6. BareMinerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen: Available in three shades (light, medium, tan), this powdered sunscreen physically blocks damaging rays from reaching skin’s surface—you can thank the micronized titanium dioxide mineral for that! Also infused with aloe vera extract and antioxidants, the paraben- and sulfate-free formula won’t clog pores, and it’s free from synthetic fragrance and dyes as well as petrochemicals. $28